#1152 ✓resolved
Patricia Van Roon

Tabbed option not working in modules

Reported by Patricia Van Roon | April 22nd, 2014 @ 11:31 AM

I have the "tabbed" option in my modules. Although the parent page works with tabs, when I request tabs in the container (which has worked previously), I only get a list and the tabs do not show up. Anyone know how to fix this? This happened after I updated the website to the newest version of exponent with the most up-to-date patch.

Comments and changes to this ticket

  • dleffler

    dleffler April 22nd, 2014 @ 11:56 PM

    • Assigned user cleared.

    Ok, just to make sure I understand you, you are using a 'container' with the 'tabbed' view? Or is it one of the other modules (text, filedownload, portfolio, or photo) with a tabbed view? (if so, which one). I'm assuming you are using v2.2.3patch4? Also if you could clarify what you mean by 'parent page with tabs' and 'request tabs in the container'...is this the same page?

    Regardless, this is likely caused by the page javascript 'crashing' before the tabs are built. On most modern browsers you can press the F12 key to open the developer area (FireBug) and when you select the 'console' tab you'd see any errors displayed. For example, it could be ANY script on the page is crashing but the visible symptom is the tabs do not build.

  • dleffler

    dleffler April 22nd, 2014 @ 11:57 PM

    • no changes were found...
  • Patricia Van Roon

    Patricia Van Roon April 23rd, 2014 @ 04:20 PM

    Dear DLeffler:

    I have attached an image to make it easier to understand. The website is configured in tabs (Home, Ethics and Training, etc.) and this works well. Each tab has a container in which I add a text module which should also be tabbed but it it not showing up this way. It is showing up as a list even though the module indicates it is tabbed.

  • dleffler

    dleffler April 23rd, 2014 @ 08:40 PM

    • Assigned user set to “dleffler”

    What you are seeing is the 'tabs' before they are converted into something looking like tabs. What has happened is the javascript code is broken somewhere on the page before the 'tabs' are redrawn.

    If you could provide me a user account with 'manage' access to that page, I could better diagnose it (same email). Otherwise, open the browser, hit the F12 key to open up browser developer mode, click on the 'console' tab, then reload or browse to the page and the console will display the page errors (btw there are usually some warnings or errors in most web pages)

  • dleffler

    dleffler April 24th, 2014 @ 03:53 AM

    On your site (specifically) you are (also) loading jquery after Exponent loads it automatically so we have v1.10.2 loaded by Exponent followed by v1.7.2 loaded by your theme template. I suspect they are colliding with each other!

    You MIGHT try editing the index.php file in your /themes/theme folder and (temporarily) deleting the line that looks like

    <script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.2/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

    even better yet, in addition to that if you are needing jquery for each page (regardless of if it is needed by some specific exponent view), you can ADD a line to the expTheme::head() config at the top of that file (index.php in the theme folder) to make your theme framework 'jquery' ized. BTW, you'll also need to perform the same edit in all your subthemes.

  • dleffler

    dleffler April 24th, 2014 @ 01:01 PM

    • State changed from “new” to “resolved”

    This problem was solved by the above solution

Please Sign in or create a free account to add a new ticket.

With your very own profile, you can contribute to projects, track your activity, watch tickets, receive and update tickets through your email and much more.

New-ticket Create new ticket

Create your profile

Help contribute to this project by taking a few moments to create your personal profile. Create your profile ยป

Bug Tracker for Exponent CMS

Shared Ticket Bins

People watching this ticket